WOEIN INSAN GAEKSA
Introduce sultural sightseeing
Gaeksa is the official inn every county kept during the Kryeo and Joseon eras.
In Joseon, it was custom to enshrine the royal court wipae and bowed to it on the first day and on full-moon day of every month in lunar calendar. It was used as lodgings for traveling officials. The arrangement of the Gaeksa was that it consisted of three buildings — the main building and annexes on the left and right sides, and two gates, jungmoon and oemoon.
In front of them was hwaengrang which was used for the service men. But, here, only the main house and oemoon remain. In 1983, it was disassembled and rebuilt. According to the writings on the ridge of the house, it was built in 1633, and repaired in 1803, and recorded its name as Insan Gaeksa. During the Japanese Occupation period (19010~1945), it was used as elementary school building and also as myeon office. After the Second War, it was used as the Agricultural Guidance Office. The general technique of the house shows the construction characteristics of the late Joseon dynasty.