Introduce sultural sightseeing
The Beopjusa Palsangjeon (National Treasure No. 55) was founded in 553 (14th year of king Jinheung of Silla). It was burnt down during the Japanese Invasions (1592-8), and rebuilt in 1626 (4th year of king Injo of Joseon). In 1968, it was disassembled and rebuilt. The Palsangjeon is five-story wooden pagoda structure. Since the three-story wooden pagoda used as Daeoongjeon of the Ssangbongsa temple was burnt down on April 30, 1984, Palsangjeon became the only wooden pagoda in Korea. So, it is very precious.
The eight-panel screen on which Buddha's life is described with paintings was put among pillars inside the pagoda. The name, palsangjeon seems to have been originated from the screen (Palsang means eight pictures, and jeon means structure.). The pagoda is 22.7m high.